www.bryozoans.nl - Acknowledgements
A project such as this is never done alone. I would like to express my appreciation and thanks to the following persons and organizations:
- Jelte Hielkema has spent countless hours with me under water, waiting patiently if, once again, wanted to
make a dozen macro photos of yet another bryozoan.
- Harry Holsteijn, with his encyclopedic knowledge of (underwater) biology, is always ready to discuss my
finds and help me with keen observations.
- Thanks to the willing cooperation of Natuurmonumenten, owner of my favorite lake, i could continue to dive
and search for bryozoans.
- Waterschap Hunze en Aa, and especially Jeroen Meeuse,
pointed me to the likely existence of P. magnifica
- The underwater magnifying glasses invented
and produced by Jos Schulte were helpfully on many a dive.
- Marco Faasse shared his enthusiasm for seawater bryozoans and pointed me to the place in Goes where V.
pavida can be found. He also kindly allowed me to use his V. pavida photograph
- Silvia Waajen and Jan Vossen notified me of their Lophopus crystallinus find in the Bosmolenplas
en were my enthusiastic dive buddies there.
Sivlia allows me to use several of her photos which is much appreciated!
- The wonderfull photos made by Willem Kolvoort of Pectinatella magnifica have been used with his
permission. This is a honour for me and i enjoyed diving with Willem a lot!
- All those dives would not have been possible without the enthusiastic support by dive center de
- My wife Trinet gives me time to hunt all those bryozoans and accepts the countless hours behind a computer
working on this site.